Click to book now:

Why do my feet and legs feel cold?

My legs and feet feel cold all of the time. It gets really bad if I lay down on the couch or when I'm in bed. Why do my legs feel cold and my feet too? Is it from nerves?
It sounds like these symptoms have been going on for a while, and so I would definitely recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor for an evaluation. Depending on your medical history, age, and other risk factors and symptoms, there are many potential causes of your cold legs and feet. Your doctor will be able to perform an examination and start to narrow down the list of causes. For example, one common cause of feel cold in the extremities is a problem with an under active thyroid gland, called hypothyroidism. Vitamin deficiencies and anemia can also cause this symptoms. All of these conditions can be easily diagnosed with a physical examination and some simple blood tests. Similarly, there are other chronic medical conditions that can cause symptoms like this, for example nerve damage from diabetes or damage to the arteries in the legs from high blood pressure, smoking, or other causes of arterial disease. Your doctor will want to closely review your medical history to figure out whether these or any other medical conditions you have might be contributing to the problem. I encourage you to make an appointment with your primary care doctor at your earliest convenience!
Have further Questions? See a doctor!