Can you still put weight on a bone after you have your cast off?

I had a broken arm but now the cast is off. Is it okay to put weight on the arm after the cast is off or do you still have to wait a long time? I want to start doing push ups again?
In general, after a bone breaks it takes quite a while for it to be totally mended and strong once again. Even though the cast is off, this does not necessarily mean that you are back to your baseline. Therefore, it is very important for you to follow your orthopedic doctor's instructions closely with regard to when you can begin to resume exercise and use of the arm and how vigorous you should be with those exercises. As a general rule, it is usually ok to begin light regular activity and minimal weight bearing activity with a broken arm once the cast has come off. Subsequently, you can gradually increase the amount of exercise you doing as the strength in the arm returns and the bone matures. However, the exact specifics of this program of returning to exercise are completely dependent on where the bone was broken, how severe the break was, and whether surgery was needed to fix the fracture. Since I do not known any of these details, it is impossible to give you a more definitive answer. I suggest that you ask these questions to the orthopedic doctor who has been managing your case, as they will be able to give you an answer.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons