Click to book now:

Why am I having trouble holding my urine in?

I'm only 29 years old and I am having trouble holding my urine in. I feel like I have to go a lot and I've even accidentally urinated without having control of it. Very embarrassing. Why is this happening to me at such a young age? Also, I am female.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble with your urination! I highly recommend that you get in to see your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor as soon as possible so that the cause of this problem can be identified and treated. In someone your age and female, the most likely cause of these symptoms would be a urinary tract infection. This occurs when bacteria get up into the bladder and grow there. Symptoms can include having to urinate frequently, pain or cramping with urination and even some times accidentally urinating on yourself. Your doctor can perform some simple urine tests to see if you might have a urinary tract infection. If these tests are positive, the good news is that most urinary tract infections clear up quickly with simple antibiotics, which your doctor can prescribe for you. There are other causes of your symptoms as well. For example, if you have recently been pregnant or had a child, sometimes the muscles of the pelvis and bladder are weak and need to be restrengthened, which can be done through some simple exercises, called Kegel exercises, whcih your doctor can teach you how to perform. Good luck!
Have further Questions? See a doctor!