Is it okay to drink alcohol after I have stopped taking Mefloquine?

I had to take Mefloquine and wasn't supposed to drink alcohol while I was taking it. It has been around 10 days since I stopped though. Can I drink alcohol now?
As you known, Mefloquine is a medication that is commonly used to prevent malaria when you are traveling to a region where malaria is present. The medication is very effective at preventing malaria if taken as prescribed. However, it is well known to have several side effects, including common ones like nausea and vomiting, as well as more serious ones such as nightmares, confusion, and psychiatric symptoms. It is recommended to avoid taking alcohol with Mefloquine, because it both decrease the effectiveness of the medication at preventing malaria and also increases the chance that you will experience side effects from the drug. However, now that you have stopped taking the medication, you should be able to resume moderate alcohol consumption soon. Remember that mefloquine stays in the system for at least a week, so you might want to wait a bit more before resuming alcohol consumption however. I suggest that you set up a visit with a travel doctor or with your primary care doctor before resuming alcohol consumption. In addition to performing a quick exam to make sure you have stayed healthy after your trip abroad, they will also be able to give you the go ahead to resume drinking moderate amounts of alcohol.