Could I have glandular fever?

I kissed someone who had glandular fever like a week ago and now I have a cough. Would it show up that quick or is it something else? I didn't know he had it until like recently and now I'm kind of freaked out!!
Glandular fever, also more commonly known as infectious mononucleosis or just 'mono' for short, is a viral infection caused by the Epstein Barr virus. The condition is very common; most people have been infected by the virus by the time they reach adulthood! Typically, the virus infects older children or teenagers, and the symptoms include sore throat, swollen glands in the neck, fever, and fatigue. The infection is contagious, and the virus tends to be spread from person to person through saliva and respiratory secretions. Therefore it is also sometimes called the 'kissing disease.' The time from when you are exposed to the virus in the saliva of another person until the time that you could potentially develop the symptoms is called the 'incubation period.' In the case of infectious mononucleosis, the incubation period is typically more than 1 month. For this reason, it is unlikely that your cough right now is the result of infectious mononucleosis, as you were exposed only 1 week ago. Nevertheless, I think it would be prudent to go see your primary care doctor for a checkup and more advice. There are several other potential causes of your cough that can be investigated and, if necessary, treated. See your doctor today!