Why is my ankle swollen?

im diabetic and one ankle is swollen and not much in right ankle im on actos met for my diabetes. im 54yrs old and i take actos met for my diabetes
I highly recommend that you go see your primary care doctor about this issue. There are multiple potential causes of swelling in your leg, some of which might be related to your diabetes and others which might not. Your doctor will help figure out what is going on. Diabetics are more likely to get skin infections, called cellulitis, in the setting of small nicks or cuts in the skin. If the swollen area around your ankle is accompanied by redness and warmth of the skin, then it could be cellulitis, which generally requires antibiotics to clear up. Another potential cause of swelling that is more pronounced in one ankle than in the other is a blood clot in one of the veins of the leg. This occurs more often in those who have taken a recent long trip or who are otherwise immobile for a prolonged period of time. If your doctor think a blood clot is on the list of possibilities, they may order either some blood tests or an ultrasound of the leg to rule it out. Finally, swelling in the ankles may sometimes be a sign of a serious heart problem, which has been associated with taking Actos in some patients. Get in to see your doctor right away!