What is this pulsing sensation in my temples?

My temples feel like they are pulsing. It is as if my heart beat is in the sides of my head! What is doing this? Something wrong with my blood circulation?
I suggest that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. They can take a good history, perform an examination, and help you figure out what is going on. If the pulsating sensation in your forehead is associated with discomfort, then this is most likely a form of headache. The description of pulsating pain suggests to me migraine headache, which typically causes a pulsatile form of pain, which can be on one or both sides of the head. It is often accompanied by other symptoms, such as nausea or visual disturbances. In addition to migraine, your doctor will also consider tension headache, which is different from migraine. Although tension headache is not typically associated with pulsating pain, it does frequent cause discomfort in the temples as well as the back of the neck. The discomfort is often worse later in the days and made worse with stress. Finally, your doctor will want to make sure that the pulsating sensation is not the result of elevated blood pressure. They will take your blood pressure in the office and will quickly be able to make sure that it is at an ok level. Make an appointment with your doctor today!

Nearby Neurologists

Other Neurologists