Can taking aspirin damage your liver?

If you take aspirin is it bad for your liver. I want to start taking some everyday for my heart to make sure it stays healthy and I don't get a heart attack but I don't want to damage my other organs.
Aspirin is a medication that has been shown to be cardioprotective and decreases the incidence of MI (or heart attack). In most cases, taking just a "baby" aspirin (81 mg dose) daily is sufficient to exert its cardioprotective effects. Aspirin at such a low dose is unlikely to damage any of your other organs. With respect to your liver, Aspirin does not generally have negative effects on the liver. There are other medications, such as Tylenol (acetaminophen) which can cause damage to your liver if you take more than the recommended amount. Taking 3000mg or more of Tylenol (acetaminophen) can cause liver damage. With respect to Aspirin and the liver. There is a warning that children shouldn't take aspirin as it may cause Reye's syndrome which can cause fatty liver. This is not a concern in the adult population. The key concern with aspirin is that if you have a condition that predisposes you to bleeding then you should speak to your doctor (primary care physician or cardiologist) before you start on aspirin, to make sure it is safe for you to take it. I highly recommend most adults especially over the age of 40 to take 81mg aspirin tablet daily as it has been shown to decrease the risk of stroke and heart attack. Talk to your primary care doctor or cardiologist about starting on Aspirin for your heart and to make sure it is safe for you to take Aspirin from the bleeding risk standpoint. It is unlikely to damage your liver or other organs.

Other Cardiologists