Do I have cystitis?

I have to go to the bathroom all of the time all of the sudden. Does that mean I have cystitis?
Cystitis refers to generalized inflammation of the bladder and symptoms do include an increase in urinary frequency, along with painful urination, a sense of pressure or fullness in the lower pelvis, urination at night, and sometimes even small amounts of blood in the urine. There are several things that can cause cystitis, but one of the most common is a bacterial infection--a so-called urinary tract infection (UTI). UTIs are very common, particularly in women, and can often present with symptoms like what you describe. In order to determine what might be causing your symptoms and whether or not you need antibiotic treatment, you should make an appointment with your primary care physician right away. Your doctor can ask you further questions about your symptoms (in particular, he or she will want to know if you have experienced anything other than urinary frequency) as well as examine you and take a urine sample. A bladder infection can be easily treated with a short course of antibiotics, but it is important to make sure that you don't have a more serious infection that involves the kidneys. Your doctor can help determine this as well as the most appropriate treatment. If you do not have evidence of an infection, your doctor can refer you to a urologist to help identify a non-infectious cause of your symptoms.