Why does the bridge of my nose hurt?

I am getting pain and swelling in the bridge of my nose. I wear glasses everyday but never had this pain before. Does it mean something is wrong with my sinsues?
Sinus congestion can definitely cause pain that is sort of spread throughout the bridge of the nose as well as the cheeks and forehead. However, all of the swelling with sinus congestion is on the inside; it should not cause any obvious swelling on the outside. One likely possibility is that the pain and swelling are from your glasses pinching the bridge of your nose. This is a pretty common problem, especially if you have recently gotten new frames. If this is the case, I would recommend that you go back to see the optometrist who prescribed the glasses to you. They can take a look at where the pressure points are occurring and adjust your glasses so the they fit your face better. On the other hand, if this is not from your glasses and if it persists, then your primary care doctor would be a good person to get advice from. They can rule out other potential causes of this pain and swelling, such as a minor skin infection in the area of the bridge of your nose. Make an appointment with your optometrist or primary care doctor today, and I am sure that you can get to the bottom of this quickly.

Other Optometrists