Why does my throat continue to hurt?

Got all the tests at the doctor for my throat but he says there doesn't seem to be any infection and the strep thing was negative. So why does my throat still hurt? Could it actually be a problem with my muscle or something like that?
Sore throat is one of the most common illnesses. Most of the time it is caused by a virus, such as the common cold virus. Typically with a viral infection there are also other symptoms, such as congestion or runny nose or cough. A small percentage of the time, a sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection known as strep throat. It is important that you saw your doctor, because the strep test was negative. This makes the likelihood that this is a virus very high. Unfortunately, there is no specific treatment for a viral infection. Typically these run their course over a week or so, during which you can expect your sore throat and other symptoms to gradually improve. You can take pain relievers or over the counter cold medications as recommended by your primary care doctor. Of course, if symptoms are not improving over the next few days, you should go back to see your primary care doctor. They can reevaluate your case at that time and help you decide whether additional treatment is needed. In the meantime, you should get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluid to stay well hydrated. I hope you are feeling better soon!