Why am I having diarrhea if I am not sick?

I have had diarrhea for like 4 days now but I am not sick. Why would someone get diarrhea if they are not sick with the flu?
Unfortunately, the flu is not the only cause of diarrhea. There are many other infectious and other causes that you could have. If you do not feel sick at all, then you diarrhea could be caused by some change in your diet or some food that your body does not agree with. Think back to all the food you have eaten recently and see if there is something new that could be the culprit. Another possibility is that you have a viral gastroenteritis. This is an infection of the GI track that can cause diarrhea. Most people have abdominal pain and feel a bit ill, but it is possible to have this illness and only have diarrhea. If you have traveled outside the country lately, then you may have picked something up in the water. If there is blood in your diarrhea, then you could have a more series infection, but this would be very unusual in someone that otherwise feels okay. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can listen to your story, examine your abdomen, and decide what is the most likely cause of your diarrhea. If your doctor is unsure, then you may need to provide a stool sample in order for your doctor to rule out any infectious causes of your diarrhea.

9815 E Harry St

• Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723