Is there anything proven to keep your skin clear?

I've had all kinds of different problems with my skin lately. I have dry skin on arms and legs and pimples on my neck and face. And there are even some weird bumps on my back too. What can I do for all of those things? Is there something I can change in my life that will help clear my skin?
It sounds like you are dealing actually with several different skin problems. For example, acne on the face and neck is not caused by the same thing as dryness on the arms and legs. I suggest that you get in to see your primary care doctor to help with these issues. They can take a look at your skin all over and help you decide what is going on in each area and what you need to do about it. For example, acne on the face and neck will often respond to a combination of good facial cleansing together with an over the counter acne preparation. However, more stubborn cases may require prescription creams, and your doctor can help you decide which approach you need to take. Similarly, dry skin on the arms and legs could be caused by eczema, which is a condition in which the skin becomes abnormally dried out and irritated. Treatment for eczema might include decreasing the amount of showering you are doing and also using a good skin moisturizing. More persistent cases might also require a topical steroid cream to get under control. Start by making an appointment with your primary care doctor at your earliest convenience!

• Dr. Camilo Rincon
    Dr. Camilo Rincon MD
    7824 Lake Underhill Road
    Orlando, FL 32822
  • Dr. Syed Mujeeb
    Dr. Syed Mujeeb MD
    411 W. Parker Rd
    Houston, TX 77091
  • Dr. Vaughn Dobalian
    Dr. Vaughn Dobalian MD
    340 16th Avenue North
    Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250