If you have pain in the bottom of your feet does that mean that you have fallen arches?

I've been having consistent pain in the bottom of both of my feet and I'm worried that it is fallen arches. Am I right? I don't know anything else that would make the bottom of both of my feet hurt like this because I don't stand or walk around a lot during the day.
I highly recommend that you go see your primary care doctor as soon as possible about this issue. There is no reason for you continue to suffer from this pain without medical help! Your doctor will consider several potential causes of this foot pain. Probably the most likely is something called plantar fasciitis,which is a condition in which the connective tissue on the bottom of the foot in front of the heel bone becomes inflamed. This causes pain in the arches of the feet, especially with walking or standing. Plantar fasciitis is most common in those who stand on their feet a lot, but it can occur in any one. Having flat arches is a risk factor for developing plantar fasciitis, as is wearing shoes without a lot of arch support. Based on what your doctor finds, they will be able to recommend specific treatments. In the case of plantar fasciitis, these might include anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen. They most likely will also include wearing support shoes or inserting arch supports into your shoes. Also, there are certain stretching and strengthening exercises that you can do with your feet that might be helpful. Make an appointment to see your primary care doctor right away!

• Dr. Joseph Sack
    Dr. Joseph Sack MD
    7570 W 21st St N