Can erectile dysfunction affect men of all ages?

Can you be affected by erectile dysfunction at any age or does it only happen to older men. I'm 30 but I think something is going on with my penis because I am having trouble getting an erection.
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem in men. Although it is by far most common in older men, it can also occur in younger men as well. There are several different causes of erectile dysfunction, and therefore you should definitely make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss this issue as soon as possible. In younger men, the most common causes of erectile dysfunction are related to stress, fatigue, or emotional problems. Usually, if the underlying cause can be identified and corrected, the problem will resolve quickly. Medications are another common cause of erectile dysfunction, especially if you have recently started a new medication and are just now noticing this problem. There are also several more serious medical problems that are associated with erectile dysfunction. These tend to occur in older men, but conditions like diabetes can also occur in younger men. The best way to make sure that you do not have any medical problem underlying your erectile dysfunction is to have a complete checkup with your primary care doctor. If they suspect anything, they may want to order basic lab tests to complete the workup. Make an appointment with your doctor at your earliest possible convenience!

Other Urologists