Why does my eye hurt when I blink?

My right eye keeps hurting when I blink. It feels like it is in the upper part of the eye lid and it feels okay if I am not blinking but when I close it and open it that's when the pain is there. What is this thing going on with my eye lid?
There are several different causes of eye pain like what you are describing. It is very important to have any new eye symptom, such as pain, evaluated immediately by a doctor. I would suggest that you go to see your primary care doctor or your eye doctor as soon as possible. If the pain is very severe or worsening and you cannot get in to see your doctor right away, you can also go to an emergency room for more rapid evaluation. One of the most common causes of pain with blinking the eye like you describe would be a scratch on the cornea, which is the clear surface part of the eye. Scratches on the cornea can occur for many different reasons, most commonly due to minor trauma or from irritation from wearing contacts. Similarly, another cause of the type of pain you describe would be conjunctivitis, which is an infection of the surface of the eye, which can be caused by either viruses or bacteria. Your doctor can examine your eyes and help figure out what is going on and, if medications are needed, they can prescribe those also. While waiting to see your doctor, do not wear any contact lenses and refrain from rubbing the eye.
Have further Questions? See a doctor!