What should I do if my sinus infection just keeps coming back?

I will feel fine for a few days and sometimes it seems like up to a week but then my nose is stuffy again and I have the headaches and pain in my face. The sinus infection just keeps coming back. Why?
It is unlikely that this recurrent sinus congestion and headache and facial pain represents a true full blown sinus infection. It is more likely simply to represent a chronic problem with sinus congestion. This is one of the most common medical problems, and it is typically associated with nasal allergies and chronic inflammation of the nasal passages. You definitely should see your primary care doctor about this issue if you have not done so already. Fortunately, there are excellent treatments that are available for chronic sinus congestion. These include anti histamines and steroid sprays to reduce the inflammation in the nose and permit the sinuses to drain. Also, sinus rinses with saline solution is also often very helpful. Only the most severe cases of sinus congestion require antibiotics, as usually blockage of mucus flow, rather than infection with bacteria, is the driving cause of the symptoms. Your doctor will be able to examine your nose and throat and help confirm the diagnosis of sinus congestion. After that, they can work with you to develop a treatment plan which should be effective. If the treatment plan you develop together does not produce relief, then they can also make the necessary referral to an ear, nose, and throat specialist.