Why do I keep getting so bloated after I eat?

Bloated is the best way to describe this feeling but I don't think it is quite right. It seems that lately every time I eat my stomach just feels very heavy and large and I don't know why. I have never had much indigestion before so maybe it is just that. But why would I get this bloated feeling after I eat?
Since these symptoms have been persistent for some time, I would strongly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. They will ask you some questions, perform a general physical exam, and help you get to the bottom of what might be going on. There are several different possibilities that your doctor will consider. One of those is, as you say, 'indigestion' which could mean that you are suffering from gastritis, or heartburn, both of which involve the production of too much acid in the stomach and irritation of the stomach lining. Similarly, there are several different food intolerances which could be associated with bloating, including lactose intolerance (discomfort after eating dairy products) and celiac disease, which involves a reaction to the gluten protein found in wheat and a few other grains. When you go to see your doctor, make sure you mention any other symptoms you might be having, such as stomach pain, gas, changes in your bowel movements (diarrhea or constipation), weight loss, or blood in your stools. These are important clues that will help your doctor narrow down the list of possible causes. Good luck, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Other Gastroenterologists