Why do my eyes hurt?

My eyes hurt. They don't feel dry. It is like they are bruised or something cause when I move them they hurt. Why is this happening?
Eye pain can indicate many different things. Injuring the cornea, as can occur with any kind of trauma or irritation (as when any kind of irritant is trapped under the eye) can be extremely painful and give the sensation of something being "stuck" in the eye. However, it would be rather unusual to have this happen at the same time in both eyes, without some sore of preceding trauma. Infections such as conjunctivitis (so-called 'pink eye') can also cause eye pain, but this would be accompanied by a noticeably red eye as well as discharge. Other conditions involving inflammation inside the eye can cause bilateral eye pain, particularly with movement. In general, the best thing for you to do is talk to your primary care physician about getting a referral to an eye specialist. Eye doctors have several specialized pieces of equipment in their office that can help them examine the eye, including retina and posterior chambers. It will also be important to check your visual acuity to make sure that your vision is not being affected as well as perform a complete neurological exam. Together, the results of a detailed eye exam and your history will likely suggest a cause for your symptoms and help your doctor give you more information about any further treatments that might be needed.
Have further Questions? See a doctor!