What does it mean if your hands are always clammy?

Hands are always sweaty and clammy. I am getting very embarrassed by it when I go to shake hands with someone and then I have wet hands. Do sweaty hands mean that I might be sick?
Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this problem! Fortunately, most of the time having constantly sweaty hands is not a sign of a serious medical problem or illness. Rather, it just means that you have over active sweat glands, which is largely determined by your genetics. Over active sweat glands most often can occur in the feet, the palms of the hands, or the armpits. The medical term for over active sweat glands is hyperhidrosis. Since this problem is fairly bothersome to you, I recommend that yo go to see either your primary care doctor or a dermatologist about the issue. They can examine you and confirm the diagnosis and then begin the conversation about the various treatment options that are available to you. Most of the time, symptoms can be fairly well controlled with a prescription from your doctor for an aluminum chloride solution, which can be apple to the affected areas of the skin, and helps to dry out the skin and block the sweat glands, preventing them from producing further sweat temporarily. If this does not work, there are also other, less commonly used treatments, which include several oral medications as well as injections of botulinum toxic (Botox). See your doctor!