How do you know if something is wrong with your brain?

I'm paranoid about having something wrong with my brain. Can you have something wrong with your brain if there are absolutely NO symptoms? Would my doctor be able to scan my head or something like that if I tell them I really want it?
It seems that the place to start with this concern is by talking about why you are paranoid something is wrong with your brain. The brain is indeed a complex part of the body, and there can be many symptoms, including some serious ones, when a disease process affects the brain. However, if you are not experiencing any symptoms but are still very concerned that there is something wrong with you, this could indicate that you are suffering from a panic or anxiety disorder. The best thing for you to do in this situation is to make an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss all of your concerns. You can talk about why you fear something is wrong with you, as well as your personal health history. Your family history may be part of why you are worried, and your doctor will want to ask you if any of your close relatives have had any sort of neurologic or psychiatric diagnosis. A thorough neurologic exam is a very accurate and sensitive way of looking for any signs or symptoms of disease affecting the brain. If there are no signs of anything wrong, then further imaging and testing is not in your best interest. However, discussing these things with your doctor should help reassure you, and if you and your doctor decide this might help, you can be referred to a mental health provider to help manage your anxiety.