Why do my heels hurt?

Getting this odd pain in both of my heels that I don't understand. It is in both heels and is there almost constantly. I stand a lot at school and at work I guess, but never had this trouble before. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Heel pain is quite common and although the cause of the pain is usually not serious, the pain can be quite severe and disabling in some cases. It is important to see your primary care doctor or podiatrist (foot specialist) to review your symptoms, have a full examination, and possibly x-rays to determine the cause of your heel pain and prescribe appropriate treatment. Heel pain is generally the result of a problem in the way that you are walking (your gait) that causes you to place too much stress on the heel bone and the soft tissues surrounding your heel. Heel pain can also be caused by wearing poorly constructed or poorly fitting shoes, injury or bruising from running or jumping, or by being overweight. Plantar fasciitis, inflammation of the connective tissue on the bottom of your foot, is a common cause of heel pain. The characteristic of this condition is pain in your heels first thing in the morning when you put weight on your feet. Treatment for heel pain usually includes rest, stretching and strengthening exercises, and the use of foot supports or inserts. Again, be sure to see your doctor to receive an appropriate diagnosis and treatment.