Why is my skin very dry and scaly?

When I take my shirt off skin goes everywhere and my bed is covered in dry skin
It is important to see your primary care doctor or dermatologist to take a full history and have a thorough physical examination. Although you are likely just suffering from dry skin, there are certain medical conditions such as hypothyroidism and diabetes which can contribute to dry skin. Dry skin is very common in the winter especially in dry climates or if you spend a lot of time in forced heat conditions. Xerosis cutis is the medical term for dry skin. In the meantime, there are many things you can do at home to help treat your dry and scaly skin. The first is to bathe or shower in lukewarm, never hot, water and do so sparingly. Use a moisturizing soap. When you get out of the shower pat dry, do not rub, your skin with a soft towel. Immediately after patting dry, apply a good quality moisturizer such as Eucerin liberally all over your skin. Use a humidifier in your house to help restore moisture. Make sure that you drink plenty of water as dehydration can contribute to dry skin. Again, be sure to see your doctor to discuss appropriate treatment as sometimes topical steroids are needed to treat severe cases of dry skin.