Do I have a circulation problem?

Is this from the circulation being bad in my foot? My pinky toe on the right hand side is painful and it is getting stiff now too. No numbness but maybe it is from a bad circulation issue?
Pain in one of your toes is probably not likely to be caused by a circulation problem. The only way this could be a circulation problem is if you developed a blood clot in one of your arteries that moved down to the pinky toe. This would cause pain, but then the toe would turn white and eventually die. Pain without any of these other changes would be caused by disruptions in blood flow. Blood flow to the feet can be impaired by diseases such as diabetes. If you have diabetes, you will need to insure that you take very good care of your feet to prevent any ulcers or sores from forming. These disruptions in blood flow due to diabetes can be painful depending on the presence any accompanying nerve damage. However, this pain would not be in one toe. More than likely, your pain is caused by sometime else. Stiffness and pain in a joint could be cause by arthritis or other injury to the joint. In some cases, the pinky toe joint gets pushed inward which can result in deformity and pain. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a podiatrist. This is a foot specialist that will be able to examine your toe, determine what is wrong, and provide the necessary treatments.

Nearby Podiatrists

Other Podiatrists