Is there any way to naturally improve your posture?

I've always been kind of hunched over but I think it is starting to get worse as the years go on. Is there a natural way I can improve my posture and straighten out my back? Or would I need surgery?
The answer to your question is that this depends a lot on how severe your hunched over posture is and what, exactly, is the cause of it. For example, sometimes a hunched over posture is just the result of habit and of work environment (such as working at a computer all day). In this scenario, the hunched posture is mostly just the result of poor muscle tone, and this can definitely be improved with the help of an athletic trainer and with some back strengthening exercises. On the other hand, in some cases the hunched over posture is instead the result of an abnormal curvature of the spine, called kyphosis. This has more to do with the anatomy of the bones in the spine and, therefore, is not really something that can be changed. A certain degree of mild kyphosis might be genetic and nothing to worry about. However, if the kyphosis is severe, it should be evaluated to rule out an underlying medical causes, such as osteoporosis, bad arthritis, or a connective tissue disorder. Seeing your primary care doctor might be a good place to start, as they can determine whether or not this needs additional workup or treatment.