Why is my left eye swelling?

it gets itchy and swollen randomly. it isn't like it all the time but when it is I can't stop itching it. it is puffy around the eyelid and my eye socket.
Since these symptoms have been going on for quite a while, I would strongly recommend that you go see your primary care doctor for an evaluation. Any persistent symptoms like this need to be looked at, to help figure out what might be going on and what treatments might be available to you. One likely cause of your symptoms would be eye allergies, also known as allergic conjunctivitis. Symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis include redness, itching, and increased production of tears. The common causes of allergic conjunctivitis include exposure to indoor allergens like mold and mites. They are also common in the spring and fall pollen seasons. Your doctor can examine you for any signs of eye allergies. If they confirm this diagnosis there are, fortunately, multiple medications that can be prescribed to help to alleviate the symptoms! These medications include standard anti histamine oral medications as well as a number of different anti allergy eye drops. Your doctor can also look for other alternative causes of your eye symptoms, which could include an eye infection or a scratch in the surface of the eye. Make an appointment with your primary care doctor at your earliest convenience, and good luck!

Other Ophthalmologists