Why don't I have trouble breathing at night?

My doctor thought my breathing trouble was caused by asthma because I have trouble breathing at night. But while I am asleep I am perfectly fine and never wake up because of it. Why is there no trouble during sleep if I have asthma? Should I have more tests done by a different doctor??
This is a complex issue, and it will be difficult for me to give a definitive answer without knowing a great deal more about what exactly is going on. For this reason, if you are unsatisfied with the answer you received from your primary care doctor, then it is perfectly reasonable to ask them to readdress the issue with you. I would contact their office and see if they are willing to have another appointment with you. Trouble breathing at night can be associated with asthma, especially if you have a history of asthma. However, it sounds like perhaps you don't actually have much trouble at night after all, in which case this is something you can clarify with your doctor, as it will help them sort through what might be going on. That being said, asthma symptoms can occur at any point during the day or night, and not just while asleep. Therefore, asthma is still a possibility if it is in your history. There are many other causes of trouble breathing, including other serious problems with the lungs as well as various heart conditions. So if asthma doesn't quite fit the bill, then it is important to rule out all of these serious problems, and your doctor can help you do this.