Is it possible that I have ADD?

Never really had this problem before, but I'm 24 now and my mind just won't stop racing. I can't concentrate on anything for very long and I worry about all kinds of things. Is this ADD? I never had any trouble with this when I was a kid and I though that is when they told people that they had ADD.
Attention deficit disorder is a common condition which is characterized by trouble concentrating and completing tasks. There is often a great deal of distractibility and there may also be problems with impulsivity. Lately, attention deficit disorder is being diagnosed more and more in adults, whereas before it was primarily diagnosed only in children. However, critically, in most cases of adult attention deficit disorder, there is a strong history of preexisting symptoms (although perhaps previously undiagnosed) in childhood or adolescence. Therefore, if you have no recollection of any history previously of any symptoms reminiscent of ADD, then this does decrease the probability that this is what you are dealing with. Nevertheless, there are numerous things that could be causes your trouble with racing thoughts. Commonly, fatigue and stress can cause this problem. However, it could also be from a different psychiatric problem, such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder. I suggest that you start by making an appointment with a doctor to discuss your symptoms, especially if they are persistent. You could meet with either your primary care doctor or a psychiatrist. They should be able to perform a full assessment and help you decide what needs to be done next.

Nearby Psychiatrists

Psychiatrist
    Psychiatrist

Other Psychiatrists