What could be wrong with my arm?

There is a bad pain in my left wrist that is kind of just where my hand begins near the outside. If I touch it the pain gets worse and I feel like a grinding or grating thing. What is wrong? Are my bones falling apart or something?
I think it is pretty unlikely that your 'bones are falling apart' but you definitely have some serious pain that needs to get checked out as soon as possible! I would suggest that you start by going to see your primary care doctor at once. One cause of wrist pain like this is trauma, for example from falling down onto the hand. Therefore, make sure to mention if you have recently had any accidents, as this would put a wrist sprain or a fracture of a bone in the wrist higher up the list of possibilities. Next, make sure to mention what kind of hobbies and work you have. Certain activities are associated with strain or over use injuries to the wrist, such as tennis and other racket sports, as well as typing at a keyboard. Putting all of this information together your doctor should be able to narrow down the possibilities and arrive at a likely diagnosis. Based on what they find, they can recommend potential treatments, which could include standard anti inflammatory medications for pain, as well as physical therapy or bracing of the wrist. Get in to see your doctor as soon as possible, and I hope you are feeling back to normal quite soon!

Other Orthopedic Surgeons