Can you have the flu if there aren't any stomach symptoms?

I feel sick like I have the flu or something but there is no stomach problems which I always have when I get the flu. I do feel tired and sore and run down though. Is it still just the flu or maybe something serious?
It sounds like your are not feeling well at all! Hopefully this is just a seasonal virus, but if you are not feeling well, the best thing to do to protect your health is to see your primary care doctor or someone in his or her office for an urgent care visit. From the description of your symptoms, you may well have a cold virus, but it is always best to have a visit with a physician when something changes with your health to make sure that there are no signs of anything more serious. When it comes to the flu, this term is often a misnomer. When people say they had "the stomach flu" this is generally NOT influenza, the actual flu virus. True influenza generally makes people very ill, very quickly, with symptoms including high fevers, cough, sore throat, body aches, malaise, and sometimes nausea or vomiting. The general malaise and fatigue you are describing do not sound like influenza, although they could certainly be the sign of a viral infection. You should try to see your primary care doctor right away and in the meantime make sure that you are getting good rest, good nutrition, and staying hydrated. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!