Could a change in my diet help with my migraine headaches?

I am a migraine sufferer and have been for years now. I have heard that a change in a person's diet can end up helping out with their physical problems. Could a change in my diet help with my migraines and make them less frequent?
Migraines can be terrible painful and debilitating. It sounds like this has been the case for you, and certainly any thing you can do to minimize the number and severity of your headaches will be a good thing. In general, the best way to help better manage your migraines is to work with your primary care doctor or your neurologist, if you see one, to go over your lifestyle, diet, and medications. As you likely know, there are many triggers for migraines that can be modified, including stress, sleep, and exercise. Diet can also play a role here, as foods including aged cheeses, red wine, chocolate, and monosodium glutamate (MSG), a preservative often used in Asian food, have been shown to trigger migraines in some people. Changing your diet completely will likely not make your migraines go away, but it can help reduce the frequency of attacks. However, depending upon how frequent and disabling your headaches are, it might also be worth discussing the possibility of prophylactic medication with your doctor. There are several available medications that can decrease the frequency of attacks, in addition to the medications that you probably already use to abort a headache once it starts. Hopefully you can get on top of your migraines and back to living your life. Again, please discuss with your doctor soon.