How could I get warts on my face?

Hi. I'm an average 14 year old girl. I eat healthy etc. and really there's nothing wrong with me except acne (of course:) and the occasional wart. My mom had warts on her hands, so maybe that's why I get them on my hands, but... why my face? I know that warts come from HPV (virus), so I'm guessing they could spread if I pick at acne, but my mom did too and she never got warts anywhere but her hands. Plus, the warts aren't on the tips of my fingers... So, any information on how to differentiate between acne and warts would be helpful to my parents (who don't ((want to)) believe I have warts at all), and I really want to know how I ended up with some in the first place. Also, what (fast?) treatment would you recommend for facial warts?
The first step to figuring out how to treat these skin lesions is to figure out what they are. Statistically, at the age of 14 you are much more likely to have acne on your face than you are to have warts. Some forms of acne can look like warts. Most acne comes in the form of white heads and black heads. However, some forms of acne can look more like warts. For example cystic acne, a very severe form of acne can look very much like warts. If they are warts, they could be caused by infection with one of the human papilloma viruses, though this would be unusual on the face. Other viruses can be the cause of warts as well, and the wart appearance can help tell what type of infection is present. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. He or she will examine your skin and determine what these bumps on your face really are. If they are warts, then you will need to either have them frozen, or you will need to start a medicated cream. If they are cystic acne, then the treatment will be very different including creams and potential oral medications. Good luck.