What will help the cut on my toe heal?

I was getting a pedicure yesterday and the woman doing it accidentally cut my foot! Now there is a nasty cut and I am afraid that it will get infected or leave a scar. What should I do to heal the cut and make sure that it does not get infected? Do I need antibiotics?
The cut you have should heal okay on its own, but it will probably do best if you use the usual precautions. The first question I would have is how deep and the long the cut is. If it is more than a quarter inch long and deeper than your skin then it may need stitches. However, stitches need placed within 24 hours of a cut, and thus this won't apply to you in this case. The most important thing for you is to make sure that the cut is clean. This can be done by soaking your toe in warm soapy water a couple times a day for the first few days. You can then just keep the cut covered. Antibiotic ointment is also used in some cases and can help prevent infection. Oral antibiotics are only rarely ever needed and only when the infection is deep and spreading outside the area of the cut. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your toe and make sure that a spreading or severe infection is not occurring. In addition, your doctor can give you some samples of antibiotic ointment and a bandages that you can use at home.