Why does my body always feel cold?

I always feel cold no matter what I do. I constantly have the urge to take a hot bath and there doesn't seem to be anything that will warm me up. What should I do and what kind of a doctor might be able to tell me what is wrong with me?
I would recommend that you discuss this with your primary care doctor. While this could be a minor problem (or even normal) this could also be a sign of a more serious disease. Your primary care doctor should be able to help evaluate this condition and subsequently refer you to a specialist if necessary. There are many reasons that someone could feel cold. A thorough discussion with your doctor and exam can help target these causes. Things to consider: (a) low thyroid hormone levels or hypothyroidism. The thyroid hormone is the "energy" hormone, so a decrease in the hormone can cause significant symptoms such as feeling cold, constipation, fatigue and occasionally dry skin. (b) anemia or low blood count can make someone feel cold. (c) heart failure -- or a decreased pumping ability of your heart can make you feel cold. (D) low steroid level or adrenal insufficiency can also cause these symptoms. There are also some conditions that make you have cold extremities -- like cold fingers. This is often caused by problems with the blood vessels -- such as narrowing of the blood vessels by cholesterol deposits. Keep in mind that this could be normal -- some people are just more likely to be cold! Please talk to your primary doctor to be safe.