Is my loss of appetite related to my bowel movements?

Been going through some stuff and need some help. My appetite just seems to be going away more and more day by day. Also, I am having more and more bowel movements. Are they related in any way? Could they be part of the same condition?
I would definitely recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. Any persistent changes in your bowel movements as well as any persistent change in appetite is something that needs to be evaluated. On the one hand, this all might be related to stress, as you say you are going through a lot right now. Stress is well known to have effects on the appetite. Similarly, for those with a tendency to irritable bowel syndrome, stress might bring out changes in the bowel movements, such as cramping, abdominal pain, or frequent loose stools. On the other hand, the symptoms could be related to another more serious medical problem. Numerous infections, as well as inflammatory conditions in the intestines and reactions to various foods can all cause symptoms like this. When you go to see your doctor, make sure to mention whether or not you have had any weight loss, fevers, blood in the bowel movements, or any other concerning symptoms, as these will help your doctor determine whether or not you need additional workup for your symptoms, such as blood tests. Make an appointment to see your doctor today. I hope you are feeling better and less stressed out soon.

Other Gastroenterologists