How do yo make a migraine headache go away?

When I get migraines I just don't know what to do. I usually just take aspirin but I am still miserable for hours after. Any other way to treat a migraine? Something other than medicine maybe?
Migraines are unfortunately very common. The good news is that there are many options and treatments available to help take care of them, and there is a good bit of research that goes into them because they are so common, meaning that there will likely be even better and more therapies available in the future. For the time being, the best thing to do to start is to speak with a doctor who works with headaches frequently. Many neurologists are used to treating these patients, and will be able to confirm that they are indeed migraines rather than something else. He or she may prescribe medications to prevent the migraines if they are severe enough and frequent enough, or they may prefer to manage them as they come up. There are some very strong medications that can be used, and work well. Unfortunately, many people will use opioid analgesia, such as percocet or vicodin, which can actually make the headaches worse over time. Some of the best medications in the short term seem to be some of the medications that are used to address nausea and vomiting, such as Reglan or Compazine. The key is to speak with your doctor to determine what is best for you and make sure there is nothing else going on.

Other Neurologists