Is there any cure for tendonitis?

I have tendonitis in one of my fingers and all I really do is take pain medication and try not to use my left hand as much. Is there any cure for tendonitis though? Should I ask my doctor about getting surgery to help it?
Tendonitis can be a very annoying problem to have. For those reading this are not familiar with tendonitis, it is a condition where a tendon that connects a bone to a muscle gets inflamed and becomes very painful especially with movement. Tendonitis can form for a variety of different reasons, but the most common reason is over-use. So if you over used your finger and the muscles associated with that finger for a long time, this probably exacerbated or even caused your tendonitis. The best treatment for tendonitis is the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (or NSAIDs for short). They help to reduce the inflammation of the tendon. Certain braces can be helpful as well, depending on the tendon affected. In some types of tendonitis, physical therapy or occupational therapy can be helpful. The latter can be very helpful in preventing tendonitis from recurring once the inflammation is under control. I can tell you for sure that no surgery will be helpful for your tendonitis. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your finger, figure out which tendon is effected, prescribe the appropriate brace, and give you the appropriate NSAID for you inflammation and pain.