What could cause a stabbing pain in my stomach?

Sometimes I get a sharp, stabbing pain in the lower part of my stomach that seems to pop up more after I eat. Does that mean I have an ulcer? Could just bad gas cause the same kind of feeling?
I strongly recommend that you see your primary care doctor about this issue as soon as possible. Any persistent stomach pains really do need to be evaluated by your doctor to make sure that they are not caused by a serious underlying problem. In particular, stabbing pains in the stomach after eating could be caused by an irritation of the stomach lining, known as gastritis, or by a stomach ulcer. Both of these conditions can be treated, generally with medications, and leaving them untreated puts you at risk for long term health consequences, such as intestinal bleeding. Stabbing pains may also be associated with gall bladder stones or an inflammation of the gall bladder, especially if you notice that the symptoms come on more when you have had a fatty meal. Gall bladder stones are typically treated by removing the gall bladder surgically. When you go to see your doctor, make sure to mention any other concerning symptoms, such as weight loss, fatigue, or blood in your bowel movements, as these symptoms will help them narrow down the list of potential causes. Make an appointment with your primary care doctor right away, and I hope you are feeling better soon!
Have further Questions? See a doctor!