Why do I have a burning sensation in my tongue?

There is a burning sensation in my tongue that has been there for years and it gets worse when I eat some foods like really acidic things. Does this sound like a condition of some kind? Really tired of having this sensation!
Since this condition has been going on for years, you should definitely talk to a doctor about it! Start by making an appointment with your primary care doctor; they can take a look at your tongue and help you figure out what might be going on. One possible cause would be chronic acid reflux, or heartburn. When the acid in the stomach escapes up into the back of the throat, it may cause irritation of the mouth and tongue. Then, when you eat, this burning could be more pronounced, since the surface of the tongue is already irritated. Another common cause of a burning sensation in the tongue is gingivitis, which is an infection of the gum lining. When the gums are inflamed, this leads to a large number of bacteria in the mouth, which can irritated the tongue. Finally, there is a condition called glossitis, or "tongue inflammation," which is typically associated with certain vitamin deficiencies, such as iron deficiency or deficiencies in the B vitamins. In this condition, the tongue may be enlarged, reddened, and painful. Your doctor will take a close look in your mouth and determine whether or not this is something that needs further evaluation or treatment.