What can fix my tendonitis?

I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon on my right leg. Doctors have tried all kinds of boots and medications and what not, but it is still hurting. Is there anything else I can do? I'm physically active and don't want to stop but I totally will if rest can heal the tendonitis.
I am sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with achilles tendonitis. If you have not been talking with a sports medicine doctor or an orthopedic doctor about this problem yet, I would definitely recommend that you do so as they are experts in this condition and will be able to give you some good advice. Achilles tendonitis is typically slow to heal, and if you have been continuing to exercise through the condition, I suspect that it is probably time to stop. As long as you continue to put strain on the tendon, you are not allowing it the time it needs to heal; sometimes, complete and total rest does end up being necessary. Also, depending on what your doctors say, there may be some benefit to stretching exercises to try to loosen up the muscles in the calf so that they exert less strain on the tendon. In the most persistent and severe cases of achilles tendonitis, surgery might be necessary. An orthopedic doctor specializing in this condition would be best able to counsel you about whether or not you are to the point with the condition where surgery might be a good option. Good luck!

Other Orthopedic Surgeons