Why do I keep getting warts?

I keep getting warts. Had 4 in the last year alone. I don't know why this is happening to me! They have been on my hands and fingers and there is no reason for it that I can tell. How do I stop getting them?
Warts are a very common skin problem. They are caused by an infection of the skin cells with a virus known as the human papilloma virus. Unfortunately, it is very hard to prevent warts, because the virus is easy to come into contact with in multiple environments, especially if you are around children, who commonly carry it. Also, if you pick at or scratch the warts that you do have, you can release the virus from the wart and cause it to spread to a different area of the skin and start a new wart. I would recommend that you go to see either your primary care doctor or your dermatologist about this issue. Although warts are not a serious medical problem, them can be treated if you find them very bothersome or cosmetically a big problem. There are a several different types of treatments for warts, ranging from freezing or burning them off to applying one of several different types of topical medications or chemicals to them to help your body fight them off. Your doctor can describe the various treatment options for warts that are available and help you pick the one that is best suited to your situation. Good luck.