Why do I feel pressure around my ribs?

I feel pressure around my ribs. That's the only way I can really describe it. It feels like they are being pressed by something and it is on the left side of my body where this is happening. What could cause this pressure feeling? I work out and exercise but just the usual stuff like push ups and sit ups and running.
Given that you are exercising regularly, I think the most likely cause of your symptom of pressure on the left side of your chest is a strain of the muscles between the ribs on that side. This is a very common problem, which typically occurs in those who exercise, especially those who do vigorous exercises like push ups or sit ups. I would suggest that you go to see your primary care doctor about the issue. They can examine the affected area and confirm whether or not this is just a muscle strain or something more serious. If it is just a muscle strain, then the usual treatment is straightforward - resting from the vigorous exercise, and taking an anti inflammatory medication like ibuprofen (as directed by your doctor) to relieve the symptoms. In the meantime, if you have any more concerning symptoms that might suggest that this is a problem related to your heart or lungs (which I think is unlikely), you should seek immediate emergency medical attention. These symptoms would include chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, cough with blood, fainting, or racing heart rate. Make an appointment to see your primary care doctor at your earliest convenience!