Is there a physical cause of insomnia?

So much trouble with sleep that I'm finally starting to think that I have insomnia. Is there a physical cause of it or is it more of a psychological disorder??
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble with insomnia. I definitely recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue, as long term insomnia can be pretty disabling and it can interfere with your social functioning and your job performance. Most of the time, insomnia is closely related to stress, anxiety, and related conditions. As such, there is often not an underlying "medical disorder" that needs to be treated (although there are exceptions). This does not mean there isn't anything you can do to treat the insomnia however. For example, avoiding stimulants such as caffeine containing beverages can help a lot. Also, avoiding alcohol and medications that interfere with sleep architecture (like over the counter cold remedies) can also help. Developing a better regimen for regular sleep and the avoidance of naps during the day (even if you are tired) can reset your sleep clock and overcome the insomnia. In some cases, prescription medications are necessary. In addition to evaluating your sleep habits and making suggestions about how you can make changes to promote healthy sleep, your doctor will also be able to talk with you about the various medications that are available and whether one of this would be right for you.