Find in-network doctors and make an appointment now!

Why do I have pimples in my ears?

Getting pimples inside both of my ears. They are not on the outside but in the curves of the outside part on the inside. I know that doesn't make sense but it is not inside the hole but outside around the inner curve. Never had any pimples there before.
It is certainly possible to get pimples in this location. Pimples are simple clogged pores, and therefore they can occur anywhere on the body. Generally speaking, as long as the pimples are not large or very painful, they do not need much medical attention, other than keeping the area clean and dry, as they will heal up in a few days. Avoiding picking or squeezing them is important as well, as this tends to run the risk of introducing a skin infection. There are a few other conditions that can mimic pimples, including boils, which are deeper infections of the skin that often do require medical attention. Therefore, if these pimple like areas are very painful, or if they are surrounded by a large or spreading area of redness, then you should definitely seek medical attention. You could start by seeing your primary care doctor, who could take a look at the areas and determine whether or not these are just simple pimples (not likely requiring treatment) or another type of skin infection (potentially requiring lancing to drain the area or even antibiotics to bring the infection under control). Make an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can, especially if things are not improving!
Find doctors and make appointments online!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)