What is this strange sensation that starts in my back and moves into my head?

Hear recently i have had this strange sensation. I will get a sharp pain in my back, then a sensation that moves up my back and into my head. It makes me feel lightheaded. Today i have had a upset stomach and some diarreha and now when i move my head or get up or sit up i will get the strange sensation. Sometimes it is not very painful, at first it was very sparatic, but today i get that sensation whenever i move my head or if i am even sitting down. Even when i am laying down. What could this be. I am very worried.
I would recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this as soon as possible! The symptoms you have are a bit vague and, if they have all started together at about the same time, then I think the most likely possibility is that you are experiencing some viral illness, such as the flu or a stomach bug. Typically a viral illness leads to vague symptoms, such as aches and pain, nausea, diarrhea, and the like. Additionally, if you have had significant diarrhea and nausea, you may not have been taking in adequate liquids, and you might be dehydrated. Dehydration could be causing the symptom you have of lightheadedness and headache. Your doctor will be able to perform a thorough examination and help figure out whether this is a virus, whether your are dehydration, or whether you have something more serious going on. Depending on what they find, they will also be able to recommend treatment options, which might include medications for nausea or diarrhea. While you are waiting to see your doctor, make sure to take in as many liquids as possible! Please see your doctor soon, and I feel better!

• Dr. Pamela Amador
    Dr. Pamela Amador MD
    85 Grand Canal Dr
    Miami, FL 33144
  • Dr. Michael Hamrock
    Dr. Michael Hamrock MD
    822 Boylston Street
    Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
  • Dr. Robin Snead
    Dr. Robin Snead MD
    20303 Crawford Ave
    Olympia Fields, IL 60461