Make an appointment:
(i.e. Dermatologists)

I think my menisci is messed up. What can I do about it?

im 19. when i was seventeen my knee popped. ever since then its been giving me hell. this morning it feels particularly stiff i was wondering if you could tell me whats up.
I strongly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. Any persistent knee pain or other joint symptoms really need to be formally evaluated by a doctor both to help you figure out what is going on and also to help you figure out what needs to be done about it. In people your age, knee symptoms can often be from sports and other knee injuries. These can include damaged menisci, torn ligaments, and other similar problems. When your doctor examines your knee they will be able to determine whether any of these potential injuries might be affecting you. If so, they may request additional imaging, such as an MRI, or they may refer you to an orthopedic specialist for additional evaluation. Even if there is no clear tear or structural damage in the knee, there are still many other potential causes for your knee pain, such as strains or overuse injuries. These injuries can often be treated very well by your primary care doctor with the use of braces, anti inflammatory medications, and physical therapy. Start by setting up an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible, and I hope that you are feeling better soon!
This answer is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons

  • Dr. David Auerbach
    Dr. David Auerbach MD
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    Avg Rec:
    375 Rolling Oaks Drive
    Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
  • Dr. Dale Bramlet
    Dr. Dale Bramlet MD
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    Avg Rec:
    4820 Park Blvd N
    Pinellas Park, FL 33781
  • Dr. Fabio Fiore
    Dr. Fabio Fiore MD
    Orthopedic Surgeon
    Avg Rec:
    803 South Parsons Avenue
    Brandon, FL 33511