What causes cramping for a month and a bloated feeling?

I had my period at the beginning of the month but it was light and only lasted 3 days. I've been having cramps ever since. I also feel bloated. My husband had a vasectomy 3 yrs ago.
Symptoms like cramping and bloating are very common and they could be associated with many different potential causes. I would therefore recommend that you set up an appointment to see either your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor. They will be able to help you figure out exactly what might be going on. Occasional menstrual irregularity can occur when an ovulatory cycle fails to proceed normally. This can sometimes happen even in women who have otherwise had normal periods. Symptoms could include a light or unusual period together with some subjective cramping or bloating. Generally, speaking, in most women, this will resolve with the next period. However, there can be other causes that need to be identified and potentially treated, including uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and infections of the vagina or pelvic organs. Your doctor will be able to rule these out for you. Also, sometimes the cramping and bloating is not related to the reproductive organs at all. Rather, it could be a sign of constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, or another intestinal complaint, especially if you notice any change in your bowel movements or any association with food. Start by seeing your doctor at your earliest possible convenience!