No period for two months - why?

i had a pregnant test it said negative. Could I be pregnant? Back hurts off and on
It definitely isn't normal to have a period be late for two months. Most of the time the home pregnancy tests are fairly accurate after the first two weeks of the pregnancy, so I think it is relatively unlikely that you are pregnant, assuming the test was not expired and was performed correctly. However, you should see your doctor, either your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor about this issue. They will be able to repeat the pregnancy test for you and then, if it is negative, they will be able to consider other possible reasons why your period is late. One very likely potential cause is something called polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), which is probably the most common cause of menstrual irregularity in women all over the world. This condition resulting in hormonal imbalances which occasionally result in failure of ovulation, and therefore intermittent missed periods. There are multiple ways to regulate the period in PCOS, including with birth control pills and through weight reduction and diet strategies. If your doctor diagnoses you with this condition, they will be able to discuss all of this with you in more detail. Make an appointment to be seen at your earliest convenience.