Why does the left side always feel different than the right side of my body?

I am 29 years old and I noticed this when I was very young. It is how I initially learned left from right. What causes this for a lifetime? I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 5 years ago, but have a hard time believing it to be related. I thought every one felt this until I asked some people recently and got a lot of weird looks.
I am not sure exactly what to make of this symptom. Everyone experiences their body in slightly different ways, and it is possible that your brain has simply adapted cues from the two sides if your body in these subtle ways, such that the two sides of your body don't feel exactly the same. If the sensation has been stable since early childhood then, as you say, it is unlikely to be related to the multiple sclerosis. This is not to say that multiple sclerosis cannot produce some very strange symptoms indeed! Some of these symptoms could include all sorts of sensations like coolness, numbness, tingling, etc in different parts of the body. Therefore, you should definitely discuss these symptoms with your neurologist, as they could definitely be part of a multiple sclerosis pattern. Good luck!

Other Neurologists