Why am I not getting my period?

Haven't gotten my period for over a year,but I am also trying to get pregnant, I have a 4yr old son. I have been tryng to get pregnat but I don't know what's wrong. Please help me.
I am sorry to hear that you have not gotten your period in over a year, especially as you are trying to get pregnant. There are various causes of secondary amenorrhea (absence of menses after it has been established), so you should follow up with your gynecologist to discuss your symptoms, necessary evaluation, and possible causes. In general when thinking about amenorrhea, pregnancy is actually the most common cause, but this does not seem to be the etiology in your case. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is one of the main causes of abnormal ovulation (irregular periods) and increased androgen symptoms in women. This syndrome is a spectrum of disease but the primary characteristics include hyperandrogenism (symptoms of increased testosterone such as increased hair and acne), irregular menstrual cycles, polycystic ovaries, obesity, and insulin resistance. Each patient will present differently with a varying combination of there primary characteristics. Other causes of amenorrhea include weight loss, eating disorders, excessive exercise, stress, prolonged illness, pituitary tumors, systemic disease, and thyroid dysfunction. Given the extensive differential for amenorrhea, you should follow up with your gynecologist to discuss your symptoms, have a full physical exam, and likely for a work up to distinguish the cause of your symptoms.